I write about movies for my own personal amusement.

December 5, 2011

Movie Review- Basket Case

I love B-Movies. But there is a thin line between a laughable and cheesy B-Movie, and one that is just plain terrible. Basket Case would be the latter of the two. The acting is probably the worst I've ever seen in a movie, yes, even worse than 'Troll 2'. I highly doubt that anyone in the cast was actually an actor. And it's the little things that make this movie terrible. The sound quality is horrendous, as well as the film quality itself. The camera they used must have been really cheap. And then there's the gratuitous screaming. You can't go five minutes without someone screaming or yelling, which is made even worse by the crappy sound quality. And then there's the special effects. They would have been laughably bad if the effects weren't so darn pathetic. The monster looks like something made out of Play-Doh, and the stop-motion sequences are downright atrocious. On the plus side, which is very slim, the idea is very original, but the script is so poorly executed, it ruins all the creativity. Believe me, I love crappy movies, but this is just sad. I would not recommend this at all, I'm still mourning the loss of the 90 minutes I just spent watching this atrocity. 1/5

IMDB Page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083624/

No comments:

Post a Comment