I write about movies for my own personal amusement.

February 1, 2016

Movie Review- Inception

Originally written 1/3/16

            I had not seen Inception since it originally hit home video, and I was hoping it would still hold up. I did not enjoy the last few Nolan films I had seen since then, and I was unsure if it was as good of a movie as I remembered it being. But the man, the myth, the meme actually hit one out of the park with Inception.
            In a market saturated with remakes and sequels, it is nice to see a fresh idea that delivers on its promises. Inception is taut despite its lengthy runtime, and enjoyably cerebral while still packing in excitement and action. It is rare to see a movie so intricately thought out, and one that asks the audience to keep their brain turned on. If there is any fault with the movie, it would be that it is extremely talky. There are some excellent uses of visual storytelling throughout, but I cannot help but feel that the movie could have communicated some of the exposition visually.

            Inception is a marvel. It is a big budget studio film that is unpredictable, smart, and challenging. The visuals are unique and the action scenes are coherently shot. It is an excellent story told in an excellent manner. If you have not seen it yet, I would highly recommend doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment